I read that around 20 weeks some people can hear their baby's heartbeat on a stethescope. Ian has one laying around so we tried to hear it last week, to no avail. I couldn't even hear my own heartbeat! He says they are tricky to hear out of and take some people years of practice. I wasn't worried since I knew I was alive though. He also went ahead and took the liberty of confirming I was a mortal, warm beating heart and all. Because you can never be too sure!
So this evening I tried again, lying down, after having successfully pinned my own heartbeat. (At least I know sort of knew what I was now listening for). I'm moving the thing all around my lower belly and can't find anything. I'm confident what I DID feel, however, was my girl kicking the stethescope where I would press it hard in to her personal space. This happend about three times... I could feel the bump on the scope while I was holding it but as soon as I tried to feel with my bare hand, nada. I'll wait a few more days and try again when the little booger is still.
No comments:
Post a Comment